As Junior Sous Chef you will join our creative culinary team. You will assist in the preparation and service of food items, providing support for junior chefs and being supported within an experienced team.
- Assist in the creation, preparation and production of dishes to the highest standard
- Assist in maintaining a minimal food cost by preparing and storing food items correctly
- Ensure that all kitchen areas are clean and tidy at the end of service/shift
- Assist with the daily ordering of food items
- Ensure proper cleanliness and hygiene procedures are adhered to at all times
- Running the kitchen when the Head Chef or Senior sous chef is unavailable.
- Teaching and guiding junior staff.
What we are looking for
- 2 years prior experience in a CDP or Junior sous chef role
- Sound knowledge of food and produce.
- Good communication and organisational skills.
- Ability to prioritise and work well under pressure in a fast paced, high volume restaurant.
- Sponsorship available for the right candidate.
- Available to work nights and weekends.
- Immediate start.